Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year, A New Start

2014 - I was so excited for the new year to start.  I was sure it would start fresh, exciting and filled with much hope and joy.  15 hours into 2014 my husband suddenly lost a fellow employee, mentor and dear friend.  It filled us with sadness, hurt and shock.  Chris was a zombie - this was the first time he lost somebody close to him.  I felt helpless because I didn't know how to help him through his pain.

A few hours later, Chris was off to work and I had a couple of days left before the kids had to be back at work.  Anybody who knows anything about autism knows that Christmas is one of THE WORST holidays for our kids and my two are no different.  Kiana finally had enough and literally beat the crap out of me.  After half an hour, I was left bloody, bruised and very sore.  I sat on the floor and cried - 2014 was NOT off to a very good start.

Then I realized that I need to get a grip and LOVE MY LIFE!  Autism may not have been my choice of a journey, but I LOVE my tour guides.  There is a reason that God gave me my path in life and I have decided that I am going to find a simple joy every day of my life.  And when things do get difficult I just need to remember this:

“When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalm 94:18-19 

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment